petals

6/7/2004

Thoughts on being a fetish icon.

Filed under: Uncategorized — by admin @ 1:33 pm

This world is full of weirdos.

Apparently someone has gone through Matt’s photolog and picked out the pictures of myself and my glasses…… and then posted them all on a German glasses fetish website. Now, all of a sudden all these weirdos are leaving comments as well as bothering Matt, trying to get my contact information.

…I’m not sure whether, in some deranged way, I should feel flattered, or mildly disturbed by all of this.

10 Comments »

1. Oh dear, I’m sorry to laugh but that is so funny. Beware the glasses fetish men!

Comment by dtc — 6/18/2004 @ 1:40 pm

2. or perhaps it’s because i don’t see people with as high of a prescription as i have everyday, and find it somewhat comforting, if you so agree, write back, thanks, mike

Comment by Mike — 10/1/2004 @ 12:30 am

3. I was one of the people who left comments on your lovely glasses, and i think you should feel flattered. People used to think of glasses think of glasses as dorky, but nowadays, glasses make women SO sexy.

Wear them and be proud.

Comment by gwgs — 10/1/2004 @ 3:31 am

4. Yeah,
    I second all three posts above…
    You look fantastic & brave with them.

Comment by Slit — 10/1/2004 @ 5:40 am

5. I think you are a lovely looking lady with glasses or without. I think glasses look a little more mysterious, but either way enjoy who you are. sorry if us glasses freaks have caused you any problems.

Comment by max — 10/1/2004 @ 6:06 am

6. Not that I’m any less weird than the rest of the posters here, but I think I’d suggest both *flattered* AND *disturbed*. Flattered, because I think the positive comments are definitely *sincere*. And disturbed, because – jeez – can’t these people tell that this is bizarre behavior, posting aggressive compliments on a stranger’s website? What I wouldn’t be disturbed by is the fact that some – and it’s tough to tell what the percentages are – men genuinely think that your glasses make you look *more* attractive (whereas you’ve probably been conditioned throughout life that a universal truth is that thick glasses are unattractive). Is it “weird” that men feel this way? Not sure; fetishes are kinda weird, and a fetish might almost always lie behind this attraction to glasses. On the other hand, weird or not, fetishes are unquestionably *common*. Basically all men have them, but can typically only admit it (to other men) if the fetish is for big boobs or a certain shape of mid-section. Why not glasses? Anyway, enjoy your icon status. I think most of these guys are harmless.

Comment by Alan — 10/1/2004 @ 1:53 pm

7. Sarah: don’t feel bothered, I think you should be flattered of course; indeed I don’t think we’re any weirdos, all men have fetishes, for ones it’s blond hair, for others long legs, for us it’s glasses… Probably you never knew of that and that’s why you ever though you were unattractive with glasses and so on, and that another vision of that is ‘weird’. Hope you’ll better think otherwise. And congratulations for being an ‘icon’ : I think this isn’t only for your strong glasses, it’s also because you’re a very cute girl with or without glasses!

Comment by Luke — 10/3/2004 @ 8:11 pm

8. Sarah, if you became an icon it’s firsty because you’re *very* pretty and secondly because you look very well in your glasses… Feel flattered!

Comment by Todd — 10/5/2004 @ 11:33 pm

9. ohmygod, you’re so HOTTT, I like nearsighted girls, please email me

Comment by Anonymous — 10/7/2004 @ 10:09 pm

10. okay. guys, CHILL OUT WITH THE COMMENTS.

Comment by sarahw — 10/8/2004 @ 9:08 am